- Invested amount is the amount entered for either Monthly SIP and Lumpsum for the duration selected
- For lumpsum and monthly SIP investments returns are compounded annualized. 1 Year is assumed as 365 days.
- Dividends declared from benchmark's constituents isn't taken into account when comparing with investment in scheme's dividend plans.
- Worth of investment: Performance is compared against the latest benchmark of the scheme irrespective of the date of change of scheme's benchmark, if any.
- The start day for SIP investments is considered as 1st of every month
- For the purpose of NAV date applicability, if the investment date happens to be a non-business day, next business day's NAV is applied.
- Gold prices are available post 29 JAN, 2005 are based on daily closing values on MCX.
- PPF interest rate is assumed at 8.7% p.a. interest received is compounded monthly for the returns illustration in the charts.
- Dividend payouts reinvestment in scheme is not considered for the purpose of calculation of returns and graphical representation.
|This Scheme||BSE 100||Fixed Deposit||Gold||PPF|
|Period||Fund Performance Vs Benchmark (CAGR)||Growth for Rs 10,000 /-|
|NAV (%)||NAV (Rs)|
"Different plans have a different expense structure. The performance details provided herein are of Regular plan." * CAGR - Compounded annualized Growth Rate
Frequently asked questions
What is UTI Retirement benefit pension fund?
UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund is a notified tax savings cum pension scheme that endeavours to create retirement corpus over the long period. The fund is one of the oldest offering in the country with a portfolio mix of both debt and equity securities. The fund provides a tax benefit on investment upto Rs. 1,50,000 per year under section 80C of IT Act, 1961. UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund with a performance track record of over 2 decades and tax advantages can be a prime choice for achieving your retirement goals.
How are the returns of UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund?
UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund has generated 10.70% CAGR since its inception in December 26, 1994 as of September 30, 2021. The past performance may or may not be sustained in the future. For more details on preformance click here
What is the current NAV of UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund?
The NAV of UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund - Regular Plan - Growth is Rs.34.1486 as of September 30, 2021. To view the NAV history of the fund click here
What are the tax benefits of investing in UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund and how is the fund taxed?
On redemption of investments of UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund, capital gains are taxed as below: The Fund will attract capital gains tax if the redemption value is more than the purchase price. The gains can either be short term or long term in nature. If the units are held for 3 years or less, the gains made are subject to Short-Term Capital Gains Tax (STCG) and are taxed as per the income slab. If the units are held for more than 3 years, the gains are subject to Long-Term Capital Gains Tax (LTCG) which is taxed at 20% with the benefit of indexation (available to debt-oriented funds). Indexation accounts for the effect of inflation in the acquisition purchase cost i.e. the purchase price is increased to adjust for inflation (as per the cost inflation index (CII) notified by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)) before calculating the capital gain. Thus, it reduces the overall tax liability for the investor. The fund is eligible for income tax benefit under section 80C of the Income Tax Act 1961, subject to a maximum of Rs.1,50,000/- in a financial year, as specified therein.
What is the investment objective of UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund?
The investment objective of the scheme is primarily to generate a corpus to provide for pension in the form of periodical income /cash flow to the unit holders to the extent of redemption value of their holding after the age of 58 years by investing in a mix of securities comprising of debt & money market instruments and equity & equity related instruments. However, there is no assurance or guarantee that the investment objective of the Scheme would be achieved.
How do I invest in UTI Retirement Benefit Pension Fund?
Investors can invest online at www.utimf.com or download the mobile app and start investing subject to KYC compliance. Investors may also approach nearest UTI Financial Centers (UFCs). Alternatively, you may also approach your mutual fund distributor, financial advisor or various online platform for investments.