- Invested amount is the amount entered for either Monthly SIP and Lumpsum for the duration selected
- For lumpsum and monthly SIP investments returns are compounded annualized. 1 Year is assumed as 365 days.
- Dividends declared from benchmark's constituents isn't taken into account when comparing with investment in scheme's dividend plans.
- Worth of investment: Performance is compared against the latest benchmark of the scheme irrespective of the date of change of scheme's benchmark, if any.
- The start day for SIP investments is considered as 1st of every month
- For the purpose of NAV date applicability, if the investment date happens to be a non-business day, next business day's NAV is applied.
- Gold prices are available post 29 JAN, 2005 are based on daily closing values on MCX.
- PPF interest rate is assumed at 8.7% p.a. interest received is compounded monthly for the returns illustration in the charts.
- Dividend payouts reinvestment in scheme is not considered for the purpose of calculation of returns and graphical representation.
|This Scheme||BSE 100||Fixed Deposit||Gold||PPF|
|Period||Fund Performance Vs Benchmark (CAGR)||Growth for Rs 10,000 /-|
|NAV (%)||NAV (Rs)|
"Different plans have a different expense structure. The performance details provided herein are of Regular plan." * CAGR - Compounded annualized Growth Rate
Frequently asked questions
What is a UTI Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP)?
UTI Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP) which provides risk cover along with growth potential by investing in equity and debt instruments. The Fund combines the benefits of life protection and savings in a single fund. Choose UTI ULIP to grow your savings, save on taxes as also protect against life's unexpected turns.
Who should Invest in Unit Linked Insurance Plan?
- Investors who are seeking long-term capital appreciation through investment in equity and debt instruments
- Investors looking for a life insurance cover or top-up their existing cover
- Investors looking to save tax under 80C provisions
How to Invest in UTI Unit Linked Insurance Plan?
Investors can invest online at www.utimf.com or download the mobile app and start investing subject to KYC compliance. Investors may also approach nearest UTI Financial Centers (UFCs). Alternatively, you may also approach your mutual fund distributor, financial advisor or various online platform for investments.
How are UTI Unit Linked Insurance Plan taxed?
On redemption of investments of UTI Unit Linked Insurance Plan, capital gains are taxed as below: The Fund will attract capital gains tax if the redemption value is more than the purchase price. The gains can either be short term or long term in nature. If the units are held for 3 years or less, the gains made are subject to Short-Term Capital Gains Tax (STCG) and are taxed as per the income slab. If the units are held for more than 3 years, the gains are subject to Long-Term Capital Gains Tax (LTCG) which is taxed at 20% with the benefit of indexation (available to debt-oriented funds). Indexation accounts for the effect of inflation in the acquisition purchase cost i.e. the purchase price is increased to adjust for inflation (as per the cost inflation index (CII) notified by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)) before calculating the capital gain. Thus, it reduces the overall tax liability for the investor. The fund is eligible for income tax benefit under section 80 C of the Income Tax Act 1961, subject to a maximum of Rs.1,50,000/- in a financial year, as specified therein.
Why Invest in UTI Unit Linked Insurance Plan?
- UTI Unit Linked Insurance Plan provides Life Insurance Cover at lower cost i.e Life insurance cover upto a maximum of Rs.15 lacs; Personal accident cover upto Rs.50,000/-
- No lapsation on insurance cover in the event of non-receipt of contribution
- No medical examination for insurance cover
- The Fund provides tax benefit under Section 80C of IT Act, 1961