What is Aadhaar Based e-KYC
Aadhaar based e-KYC is a digital service provided for first time investors who are new to mutual funds using their Aadhaar details.
Can existing investors use this facility?
Yes. Existing Non KYC investors can also become KYC compliant using their Aadhaar details.
Is this facility completely paper less?
Yes. This is an electronic service and is completely safe, paperless and free.
Who can make use of the Aadhaar based e-KYC services
Any individual having a valid Aadhaar number and a mobile number registered against their Aadhaar.
How is Aadhaar based e-KYC done?
A validation is made of your credentials basis the OTP sent to the mobile registered against your Aadhaar.
What are the pre-requisites required for completing the Aadhaar based e-KYC?
- Your Mobile Number must be registered with UIDAI’s Aadhaar Database for OTP authentication.
- Should have a device with camera permission. To access Camera, Location and Microphone to be enabled.
- Soft copy ofyour PAN which is to be self-attested .
- Soft Copy / Image of Your signature on plain paper.
What are the steps involved in becoming KYC complied through Aadhaar
- Visit www.utimf.com
- Path -> https://www.utimf.com/portal/signup
- Enter your PAN no. to validate the PAN status
- Based on PAN entered, KYC status will be checked and for Non Compliant PANs options to complete KYC will be displayed.
- Select AADHAAR e-KYC option which is quickest mode of Digital KYC
- Enter your valid email and mobile number & generate OTP
- On successful OTP validation, you will be taken to Aadhaar e-KYC page
- Step 1: On the e-KYC page, enter your name as per your PAN.
- Next enter your Date of Birth.
- Enter the captcha code and click on proceed.
- This will redirect to UIDAI’s Aadhaar website.
- A drop down having option – “Aadhaar OTP(e-KYC)” will appear Click on proceed
- On the next screen, Click on Continue Option.
- Step 2: Enter your Aadhaar number
- Click on declaration and select on “Generate OTP”.
- This will trigger OTP to your mobile and email as recorded with UIDAI’s Aadhaar database.
- This OTP is valid for 10 minutes.
- Enter the OTP, click on validate OTP.
- On successful OTP authentication, the camera will turn on. Microphone and geolocation access is to be allowed and enabled.
- Step 3: Your photo has to be clicked use plain background. Ensure the area is bright and well lit for a clear photo.
- Step 4: Enter basic details KYC form which are not pre-filled.
- Step 5: Upload image of PAN and cropped signature. (PNG/JPG/JPEG format only allowed)
- Document size for signature should be 400 pixels X 200 pixels within 200 KB file size.
- PAN copy size should be 500 pixels X 750 pixels within 200 KB file size.
- Step 6: Select either mobile / email, Preview Application & Confirm.
- Proceed for documents to be esigned using Aadhaar eSign
- Enter Security Code/ OTP Sent to mobile / email & submit
- Preview the KYC form details filled and click on confirm to proceed for Aadhaar eSign.
- Step 7: Enter the Aadhaar / Virtual ID and click on send OTP
- Click on the Declaration
- OTP is triggered to the mobile number as registered in Aadhaar
- Submit the OTP
On submitting the Aadhaar based e-KYC, your request will be placed with CVL KYC Registration Agency for further verification. On successful KYC verification email will be sent by KYC Registration Agency
- Visit www.utimf.com
Do I need to submit the physical copy of KYC application or proof of Aadhaar card?
No, this is a completely paperless KYC process and everything will be done electronically.
Do I need to do In Person Verification (IPV)?
No, Aadhaar based e-KYC does not require any in person verification.
Is there any limit to the amount of investments I can make if I do Aadhaar based e-KYC ?
No, there are no restrictions to investments for all KYCs that are completed through this new Aadhaar e-KYC process.
Who sends the OTP and how would I receive it?
OTP is sent by UIDAI to the mobile number that is registered in the UIDAI database and registered against your Aadhaar.
What should I do if I haven’t received OTP?
- Recheck whether your mobile is registered with UIDAI against your Aadhaar number.
- You can regenerate OTP by using the Resend OTP option.
What if my mobile number is different from the mobile number registered against my Aadhaar on UIDAI?
If your mobile number registered with UIDAI differs from your existing mobile number, then you will have to update your mobile number with UIDAI first. On successful updation of your mobile, you may retry to become KYC compliant using this Aadhaar based e-KYC
On clicking on Invest Now, you will be redirected to 3rd Party page/ gateway owned / operated by an independent party i.e Smallcase Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (“Smallcase”) over which UTI Mutual Fund has no control/influence ("3rd Party Gateway"). Any link you access/click to or from the 3rd Party Gateway will be solely at your own risk and consequences. Any use of the 3rd Party Gateway will be subject to and any information you provide and will be governed by the terms of the 3rd Party Gateway, including those relating to confidentiality, data privacy and security.
UTI Mutual Fund is not the owner or operator of the 3rd Party Gateway in any manner or responsible or liable for the goods and services offered by the 3rd Party Gateway or for anything in connection with such 3rd Party Gateway. UTI Mutual Fund does not endorse or approve and makes no warranties, representations or undertakings relating to the content of the 3rd Party Gateway.
UTI Mutual Fund disclaims any liability whatsoever, for any loss, damage and any other consequence resulting directly or indirectly from or relating to your access to the 3rd Party Gateway or any information that you may provide or any transaction conducted on or via the 3rd Party Gateway or the failure of any information, goods or services posted or offered, as the case may be, at the 3rd Party Gateway or any error, omission or misrepresentation on or due to the 3rd Party Gateway or any computer virus arising from or system or any other failure associated with the 3rd Party Gateway.
By clicking "Proceed", you will be confirming that you have read and agreed to the terms herein.
of investing with