Fixed Maturity Plans or, in Short, FMPs (may also be called as FTP, FTIF etc.) are debt schemes with a fixed maturity, launched by mutual funds. They run for a fixed period of time that could range from one month to as long as three years or more. The objective of an Fixed Maturity Plans is to generate a return over a fixed maturity period. Fixed Maturity Plans invest in fixed income securities like money market instruments government securities, corporate bonds, certificate of deposits (CDs), commercial papers (CPs), and bank fixed deposits (FDs) etc. which mature in line with the tenure of the fund. Since the instruments are held to maturity, there is no risk of the security being affected by interest rate movements.
Fixed Maturity Plans are attractive for investors who look for a return and investors who require their funds back after a certain period. In the scenario when interest rates are high it provides good opportunity to lock in investment at relatively higher yields. While long term debt funds are susceptible to interest rate movements, Fixed Maturity Plans by the very nature of their structure offer a good cushion against interest rate movement.
- Invested amount is the amount entered for either Monthly SIP and Lumpsum for the duration selected
- For lumpsum and monthly SIP investments returns are compounded annualized. 1 Year is assumed as 365 days.
- Dividends declared from benchmark's constituents isn't taken into account when comparing with investment in scheme's dividend plans.
- Worth of investment: Performance is compared against the latest benchmark of the scheme irrespective of the date of change of scheme's benchmark, if any.
- The start day for SIP investments is considered as 1st of every month
- For the purpose of NAV date applicability, if the investment date happens to be a non-business day, next business day's NAV is applied.
- Gold prices are available post 29 JAN, 2005 are based on daily closing values on MCX.
- PPF interest rate is assumed at 8.7% p.a. interest received is compounded monthly for the returns illustration in the charts.
- Dividend payouts reinvestment in scheme is not considered for the purpose of calculation of returns and graphical representation.
|This Scheme||BSE 100||Fixed Deposit||Gold||PPF|